Friday, March 2, 2007

IL DIVO


They gave us tickets on Tuesday to go to see Il Divo concert in Kirstenbosch Gardens, this group is sooo popular here in SA, they were here for 2 nights and both nights were sold out. Anyway they donated these tickets to the Foundation and everyone from the office went. The place was great, I think it is one of the most beautiful concert setting, you can see the mountains while you sit in the grass and have a picnic, they were some people who even brought bottles of wine or champagne... well NO ONE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE THIS WAY! I went with nothing! I had no blanket to sit on... no sushi, or sandwiches, or fruit and obviously NO WINE OR CHAMPAGNE! I felt like such a loser... and no one from the office new that either, only Carolyne this Austrian intern that works with us took a blanket but it was too small to share.. Well, taking that out the concert was really funny. It is this group of 4 good looking dudes who sing kind of opera in Spanish and Italian.. it is very hilarious, but anyway it was free!!... so it was OK.. I just think its funny that people here love them so much, I can't figure out why yet...

No comments: