Monday, February 26, 2007

Ethiopian Food, Nice Views and Penguins!!!


Sanja visited this weekend. She's my South African friend who studied a semester at UDLA and I am very excited about seeing her again. On Saturday night we had a night out in the town, with Elizabeth and Peter. We ate dinner at this great Ethiopian food restaurant! THE FOOD IS AMAZING, you eat it with your fingers and the whole table has to share the food, it was great.
Sunday Sanja and I got up really early and we took a tour all around the Cape Peninsula. We passes Muizenber beach (which is very famous because of the coloured houses) and we also drove through Boulders Beach to see the South African penguins who are the cutest things I have seen in a long time!! I spent so much time just looking at them, I had never seen a penguin in my life so I was very very excited.
Then, we drove and drove and we saw this amazing views... And a Baboon was walking in the middle of the highway, it was very funny...
Well, it was a great weekend. Now I am back at work and I need to find a sponsor for the kids postcards, we want to start selling postcards of the best pictures they have done so we can get more funds.
This picture on the right is of Cape Point.. Sanja said that tourist tours usually say that this is the most southern point in Africa, but its not really true, the most southern point is Point Agujas. Although they claim Cape Point to be because that way they get many tourists to go there, cause its so close to Cape Town (like a 45 min drive). Regardless, the views are amazing, the only kind of bad thing is that the water is sooo cold!!! I did swim in the Ocean but only near Muizenberg, and the water was still pretty cold. if you want to get in this water you need a Wet Suit. But just looking at it its sooo pretty!

No comments: