Sunday, November 9, 2008

Learning how to make PUPUSAS

I have created an addiction to Pupusas- they are these little Salvadorian thick corn tortillas stuffed with cheese, beans, and/or 'chicharron' they are really good- I think I have them way too often. I've been trying out all the different 'pupuserías' in DC (there are several).

I had been staying at work kind of late the past weeks (or months).... and I became good friends with the salvadorian woman that cleans our office. So one day I asked her what was her favorite pupusería- to get the insider info- and she said she doesn't buy them- she makes them herself!


I was intrigued. I wanted to learn how to make them, so I asked her if she would teach me. We made plans for the weekend, I was going to go to her house on Sunday, with my cube-mate, Meghan and her boyfriend and she would teach us. We had a great Sunday afternoon and we made nearly 70 pupusas. I can say I'm kind of becoming a pretty good pupusa-maker... :)

Here are the pictures as evidence....



1 comment:

ReGiNa EsCaLaNtE said...

aaaaay, me recuerda a marcela mi amiga del Salvador del instituto..
ella siempre me hablaa de las pupusas y que como las extrañaba. pero sabias..
Le mandaron con una amiga desde el salvador 3 cajas de pupusas conjeladas, como ya hechas compradas jajaja de queso y le dije maaaaaaarch invitame! y solo se rio y no me dio!!!
Asi que ni las probe.. cuando vengas a paris o nos veamos en merida me las vas a tener que hacer!