
I finally got to Puebla on Thursday after many hours flying and a two-day layover in New York City.
The graduation ceremony was very strange. The president of UDLA has been having many attacks from the media and from many students and faculty. Most of the problems are because he fired many professors without much explanation from the University. This has caused much controversy and this is why he decided not to give the traditional speech at the ceremony. Many students had planned all kinds of protest actions but since he didn’t really appeared at all nothing really happened, only about 10 students started acting crazy. I didn’t really know what was going on since I have been away. I just got my diploma. After the ceremony Armando Manzanero (very famous yucatecan song writer) gave a concert.
I am very happy to have ended this cycle in my life although now the real dilemma comes. I need to find a job! I am officially unemployed now, and that feeling is really not the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment