Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Trance party!!

Last weekend I went with Sanja to this Trance Party. It was awesome! I had never been to one so I didn’t really know what to expect. Its really cool, people go and camp there under the stars and it’s a party that goes on from 5pm Saturday to 3pm Sunday. Some trance parties are for a couple days but this one was only 2 days. It was very cool because there are little tents that sell all kind of stuff, from souvenirs to food, coffee, alcohol and even drugs… Anyway, the party was really fun, I did not know this but South Africa is the capital of Trance (according to one of Sanja’s friends) and also Israel (although trance parties are illegal in Israel).
Anyway this weekend was not nearly as exciting because I had to work at the ABFT stand at the Waterfront. We sold new Tshirts that Caroline designed and we raised some money for the art program. It was good but a little boring to be sitting there, specially when some people where rude.
The Green Point Stadium (which will be used for the 2010 World Cup) is 4-5 blocks away from my house, and they have started demolishing it because they are going to build a huge one now. Which will cover a lot of people’s ocean view and will only be filled for 1 match of the World Cup, oh and by the way they are spending millions on it, which they are cutting from all kinds of programs that would otherwise benefit the Capetonianshmmm oh and also drinking alcohol in public places and prostitution are illegal in SA… but they are actually considering legalizing these activities for the soccer (hooligan) fans that will come. Sounds smart, right? I am so glad I will be long gone by then…

No comments: